I came across a recipe for ‘zucchini boats’ on pinterest and wanted to give it a try. Well, I more used it as a base and took from it ‘onions’ and ‘zucchini’ but regardless they were tasty. Our local farmers market has had some gorgeous zucchinis of late, so getting through the pile on the counter has been a big part of our lives these last few weeks.
- Scrub and clean your zucchini, cut in half
- Scoop the guts out and set aside
- Chop half an onion, 2 carrots, 2 cloves of garlic, a ton if cabbage (also from the farmers market) and your zucchini innards, and toss into a frying pan to move excess water and brown up your bits
- If it is not Meatless Monday (or whatever meatless day you choose) add cooked bacon
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic salt, etc
- Restuff your zucchini with the drained stuffing, top with grated Parmesan and a little Pepperjack and throw it in your oven (uncovered) for 25 minutes at 375*
These are actually quite tasty and so easy to make. Stuff with whatever you have sitting around the kitchen. Rice? Quinoa? Tomatoes? Whatever floats your boat. (Boat! Ha! Get it?!)
(pictured here with a side of bruchetta – yum)
One response to “meatless.monday:zucchini.boats”
This looks amazing, and just my sort of recipe (ready to be modified to my exact specifications!). I’ll be sharing this one around. Thanks so much!