This recipe (or rather, a photo of a recipe) has been going around Pinterest forever and we finally gave it a try: Wonton Tacos. They are super easy, and super delicious and have definitely just made it onto our “quick party food for the masses” list.
- Place wonton wrappers in a muffin pan and preheat your oven to 400*
- Fill wrappers with your already cooked and seasoned taco meat that has chopped white onion cooked within (I use ground turkey instead of ground beef – better flavor, less grease, more thumbs up) – a spoonful or so
- Top with chopped cabbage, jalapenos and shredded pepperjack and cheddar cheese
- Bake for 6-8 minutes
- Top with a dollop of sour cream and chopped scallions
- Eat some. Repeat. Repeat again.
I’m pretty excited to take these for lunch tomorrow as well. Recipe makes 24 little cross culturally delicious wonton tacos.
EDIT: There was 1 single wonton leftover….I had 7 or 8….someone else ate all the rest. I think this means they get the seal of approval!