The husband doesn’t request specific foods a lot, and definitely not anything that would be considered a sweet or a bread. So when he casually left the Alice Bay Cookbook (A savory sampler from Washington’s Skagit Valley) laying around the living room, instead of being mad as his slovenliness, I took it as a sign he wanted me to make his favorite muffins.
- Preheat oven to 415*
- Cream 1/4 cup room temperature butter with 3/4 cup sugar
- Slowly add 2 eggs,1 at a time and continue mixing until combined evenly
- Add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Alternate adding sour cream (3/4 cup total) and flour (1 1/4 + 2 TB total)
- Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and gently fold in 1 cup blueberries
Bake for approximately 15 minutes. Stuff face. Makes 12 delicious muffins.