I feel it is my lawful duty as an Alaskan to have rhubarb plants in the yard. Now, this does not necessarily mean that I actually like rhubarb – but I don’t see how these 2 things are linked. At all.
However, I am coming around to rhubarb. And I have to say, rhubarb sauce is a super simple and great entry level rhubarb drug.
- Harvest and remove the leaves from a big bunch of rhubarb. Have no scientific way of knowing how much you are grabbing – just get a lot.
- Clean and chop stems to equal 4 cups cut rhubarb.
- Put the rest of the crazy amount of stems you cut in a vase on the counter until you get around to getting flour from the store tomorrow for cobbler.
- Put 1 cup water and the 4 cups of chopped ‘barb in a pot and bring to a boil – cover loosely.
- Boil and stir occasionally until the rhubarb is soft.
- Allow the sauce to cool and add honey and cinnamon to taste.