It’s that time of year again. Time to celebrate that little dog’s birthday. Our little blue heeler turned 9 today but you wouldn’t know this sassy senior was a day over 4. And the way she wolfed down her cake? Definitely still a kid.
- Grate 1 1/2 cups carrots into bowl
- Add 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup peanut butter, 1 tsp baking soda and 1/4 cup honey and stir
- Arrange sliced carrots in your choice of design in a lightly greased pan and pour batter in
- Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350*
- Cool, release, and serve.
Your pup will love it! (And you can even eat it too!)
Our awesome little Blue Heeler Cedar just celebrated her 8th Birthday (or is it Barkday?). And since I’m “that person” I absolutely had to make her a cake. Dog cakes are different from people cakes as all that sugar and extra stuff isn’t good for them (I know it’s not really good for us either, but we have thumbs so it’s ok), so carrots are the main ingredient in this one. And considering carrots are pretty much the only ‘people food’ she’s allowed, and absolutely loves them and comes running when she hears them being chopped, this cake was a huge doggy hit.
- Grate 1 1/2-2 cups carrots
- Add 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup peanut butter, 1 teaspoon baking soda and 1/4 cup honey to a bowl
- Arrange slices from 1 large carrot on the bottom of a lightly greased cake pan to allow for ultimate doggy cake presentation (yeah, I know she doesn’t care)
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 30-40 minutes in a 350* oven
- Cool, release and serve
She thought it was pretty much the best thing ever. I’m not even sure she bothered to chew. Happy Birthday Cedar!