I am not the biggest fan of corn tortillas. I mean, I guess I like them just fine, but I prefer the flour tortillas myself (you know – closer to that whole bread thing that I love so much). So, when you have 3 dozen corn tortillas in the house and the main tortilla eater is leaving, you make chips. And yeah – I will eat the sh*t out of some corn chips.
- Lightly brush one side of the tortilla with oil and stack.
- Cut the stack in half and then cut in half again, so you have 4 equalish triangles of future chippy goodness.
- Lay evenly on a pan – oil side up – and sprinkle with salt.
- Place in your preheated 400° oven for 8-10 minutes or until crispy.
- Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes to finish crisping up.
- Stuff face.
And then maybe make some nachos with leftover chicken taco meat. Repeat last step of instructions.